Sunday, April 25, 2010

This weekend I have been mostly ... sleeping

Arrived home from my forced exile on Friday morning. Since then I've spent 35 of the first 51 hours sleeping, which has got to be some kind of personal record. The past couple of weeks already feels kind of dream-like and hazy, as if it never really happened. Hopefully all my colleagues are now back; they were due in this morning, nice and fresh for work tomorrow. In between coma-like sleeps, I've been catching up on domestic stuff and reading Joe Lansdale's, Leather Maiden. The man's one helluva writer. Brilliant stuff.

My posts this week:
A slow week on the posts due to various distractions. Should be back to normal service this week as I've reviews of Fred Vargas, Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo, Duane Swierczynski and Joe Lansdale to post.

Homeward bound
Missing your own book launch
I'm making a real (h)ash of this volcano malarky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to reading your review of the Lansdale. I love his stuff. Haven't got this one yet but it's on my list.

seana graham said...

Happy to hear you made it safely home. I'm particularly looking forward to your reviews of Vargas and the Sjowall/Wahloo team, simply because I've read them.