Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lazy Sunday Service

Off the London later this week to give a keynote talk at an Information Visualization conference. I'm not sure they're going to get what they think they're getting, which is probably Atlas of Cyberspace kind of stuff. Although I do use info visualisation quite a bit in my work, my theoretical interest is concerned with the philosophy of cartography, not on the technical aspects of producing visualizations. I suspect that most information visualization researchers couldn't give a monkeys about the wider philosophy of science, instead trying to create more effective means of revealing and communicating information. Of course, the two are not unrelated, but its rare enough that they're worked through in relation to each other. Should be interesting to see what they make of what I've got to say. Not a lot probably.

Most posts this week:
Half yearly report
Housing vacancy 1991-2011 in the Upper Shannon Renewal Scheme
Letter A
Review of 1974 by David Peace
Nice things in the post

No comments: