Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lazy Sunday Service

I'm still trying to get my head around the bomb and shootings in Norway. The events have a slightly unreal feeling to it given the location and the numbers of dead. My definition of unreality here is anything where if you wrote it as a story people would tell you it was too fantastical, that there's no way that the event could have unfolded as it did. I think this is especially the case with the deaths on the island, where so many were killed. The sheer scale and horror just seems beyond comprehension, especially when the motive and intent are so unclear. As with everyone else, my sympathies go out to the affected families.

My posts this week
Absolutely cool
Review of Headbanger by Hugo Hamilton
Review of Crime Always Pays by Declan Burke
Animal Kingdom
Review of Borkmann's Point by Hakan Nesser

1 comment:

Dorte H said...

Unreal - yes, I wish it were.

But I know the Norwegian population appreciate that the whole world think of them these days.