Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lazy Sunday Service

This month has largely been a washout in terms of researching and writing.  I've spent most of it on the road for work-related stuff, either in Wales, England, Iceland, Northern Ireland or Dublin.  I managed just four days in Maynooth.  In fact, the first half of this year has felt slow with respect to drafting material.  I've managed three and half chapters for an academic book I'm writing, and co-written four other book chapters and two journal papers, which now I've jotted it down doesn't seem too bad.  The problem is I should have six chapters of the academic book written by now and am finding the slow progress frustrating.  The plan is to try and catch up and get back on track during July and August.  I have meetings all day tomorrow, but from Tuesday on I plan to have my head down and fingers tapping away.  We'll see how it goes.

My posts this week
Review of Exposed by Liza Marklund
Review of Countdown City by Ben Winters
Night swimming

No comments: