Saturday, April 19, 2014

Carpetbagger blues

‘He’s just a carpetbagger.  A blow-in.  The only thing he cares about is his himself.’

‘Try looking in the mirror sometime, Tom.’

‘I was born and raised here!  I know this place and I know its people.’

‘And they know you.  They think it’s time for a change.’

‘Disloyal ingrates!  After all I’ve done for them.’ 

‘What?  Delivered hot air and empty promises?’

‘Why you ... you’re meant to be my election agent!’

‘And you’re meant to be a representative of and for the people.’

‘I’m not losing to a carpetbagger.’

‘You are unless you change your tune.  And fast.’




A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a great conversation, Rob. And it speaks to so much that we're tired of when it comes to our elected officials.