Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March reviews


It's a good job that I put together these little summaries of the books read and reviewed in a month as I discovered that I had written a review and then forgotten to post it.  I read Eduardo Sacheri's The Secret in Their Eyes immediately after Anthony Quinn's Disappeared, wrote the review and then turned my attention to other things.  Hence, two posts today.  Difficult to pick a book of the month between those two and the Manovich book.  I think I'll call it a tie between Quinn and Sacheri, both of which deal with situations linked to 'dirty wars'. 

Prime Cut by Alan Carter ***
Software Takes Command by Lev Manovich ****.5
Corridors of Death by Ruth Dudley Edwards ****
The Secrets in Their Eyes by Eduardo Sacheri ****.5
Disappeared by Anthony Quinn ****.5
The Safe Word by Karen Long ***
Total Chaos by Jean-Claude Izzo ***.5
Pietr the Latvian by Georges Simenon ***
The Wrath of Angels by John Connolly ****

No comments: