Saturday, February 21, 2015

Wherever the road takes us

‘Okay, this is it.  Buckle up, kid, this might be one heck of ride.’

Tommy turned the ignition key.

‘Are you sure this is a good idea, T?’ Sally asked.

‘Are you sure that staying is a better one?  We need to get away, Sal, spread our wings, see the world.’  He gunned the engine.

‘But where are we going?’

‘Wherever the road takes us.  I don’t care as long as it’s far from here and your father.’

‘He’s just worried about me.’

‘And now he’ll have a reason.’  Tommy let out the clutch, pulling out slowly into blinding snow.



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the strong feeling this ride is not going to go well.... Nicely done story, Rob!

TracyK said...

I don't know if I like the ending of this one or not, but the story is good.