Sunday, August 23, 2015

Lazy Sunday Service

It took all week, but I have now managed to complete a micro-edit of the 'Code and the City' book I'm working on, which is due to be submitted shortly. It's based on a workshop I co-organised this time last year.  There's a few little jobs for myself and Sung-Yueh, my co-editor, to complete, but otherwise it's in reasonable shape. Overall, I think it's a good collection of essays on how software is reshaping city life, helped by it being truly interdisciplinary and having a stellar group of authors.  I also managed to read a couple of books: Lehrter Station by David Downing and The Exterminators by Bill Fitzhugh - reviews shortly.


My posts this week:
The right kind of wrong
Review of Deadlock by Sara Paretsky
Data and the City workshop
Review of Princes Gate by Mark Ellis

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed visiting and browsing through your fine blog, and I've been able to add a lot of your featured authors and titles to my "must read" list. Now, though, may I be bold enough to change the subject and invite you to visit my blog? I am a retired federal government court reporter and paralegal, and I am an avid reader and reviewer of crime, detective, mystery, espionage, and historical fiction; the new edition of my blog, "Crimes in the Library," is where you will able to find regularly posted book reviews and commentary. Here is the address: http://crimesinthelibrary.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and comment often. Thanks, Harper

Rob Kitchin said...

Hi Harper. I've added Crimes in the Library to my blogroll. I do visit blogs from it, but I don't comment as much as I should. Thanks for stopping by the blog.