Saturday, December 22, 2018

He thinks he’s a writer like Alan Bennett

‘He doesn’t want us.’ She hovers over him, holding the cat. ‘He thinks he’s a writer like Alan Bennett.’

‘If I was Alan Bennett,’ he looks up from his laptop, ‘this conversation would become the story.’

‘And I bet it will! If I wasn’t around you’d have nothing to write about.’

‘If you weren’t around I’d be able to concentrate.’

‘Don’t give me that guff! You’re constantly writing in your head. Waiting for me to spew a little nugget. Isn’t he, puss?’

‘If you were a gold mine, we’d be bust.’

‘It’s you mining fool’s gold, darling. Endlessly tapping away.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this exchange, Rob! It's such a clever way to to use dialogue, and you've nailed the conversation, I think.

Paul D Brazill said...

Nice one!