Saturday, December 1, 2018

Heart of stone

‘He has a heart of stone, Jane. I’m glad I left.’

‘Well, it’s like crazy paving now.’

‘Unlikely.’

‘I’m telling you, Maeve, he’s missing you.’

‘The only thing he’s missing are his hot dinners and clean clothes.’

‘That’s a bit harsh.’

‘If you’re so worried about him, then you’re welcome to him.’

‘I’m just saying, is all. He still cares for you.’

‘Then he should have shown it when we were together. I’m happier by myself.’

‘Really?’

‘Of course. It’s not easy, money-wise, but there’s freedom.’

‘And what about, John?’

‘He sent you; couldn’t even do it himself. Feck, John.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Maeve's attitude, Rob. I think you captured it quite nicely. It does make me wonder about Jane's motivation, though...