Saturday, December 15, 2018

Second sight

‘I’m telling you, I’ve got second sight and this doesn’t end well.’

‘Just button it, Jaspers.’

They were creeping along a hedgerow. Somewhere to their right a firefight was taking place.

‘At least we’re not over there,’ Kelly whispered.

‘I’d sooner be there than here,’ Jaspers hissed.

‘You’re nuts, man.’

‘Maybe. But I’m going to survive this war.’

Jaspers counted under his breath then dropped.

‘What the …’ Kelly said, side-stepping.

‘Get down.’

The first mortar landed with a thump, then all hell erupted.

Jaspers was already slithering through the hedge. ‘I told you,’ he muttered. ‘I got second sight.’



A drabble is a story exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you convey the setting here, Rob. Nicely done. And that's a really interesting point about having second sight (or not)...