Saturday, September 11, 2021

Dress up a little

‘Jesus, Rachel, are you going like that?’

‘Like what?’

‘Like you don’t give a fuck.’

‘I don’t give a fuck?’

‘You could dress up a little.’

‘I’m a single mother with two kids, one with special needs. All I do is give a fuck.’

‘That’s not what I meant.’

‘That’s exactly what you meant. I should try harder to look like a competent mum.’

‘That’s …’

‘I’m not looking for a fuck, okay. I’m going because I have to.’

‘Rachel.’

‘I’m going like this and that’s it.’

‘At least …’

‘At least what?’

‘Turn your shirt the right way out.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

I totally understand Rachel's perspective on this, Rob! I like her attitude. That said, though, you did put in a nice little bit at the end. I think I'd draw the line at wearing the shirt inside out, too...