Saturday, September 18, 2021

I'd sooner not know

‘So, what do you think of him?’

‘Who?’

‘Simon, who else?’

Cally shrugged.

‘That’s it?’

‘That’s all it can be.’

‘It can be whatever you want it to be.’

‘I think you’re forgetting a few things.’

‘Such as?’

‘The age difference. That I’m a single mum with two kids. His opinion.’

‘He’s clearly smitten with you.’

‘It’s just playful flirting, nothing more.’

‘Are you sure?’

‘The other two issues don’t go away and I’m not interested in a fling.’

‘Maybe he’s not either.’

‘We’ll never know.’

‘At least give yourself the chance.’

‘I’d sooner not know than be hurt again.’


A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

I can understand that urge not to be hurt again, Rob. Your characters ring really true here, too. Nicely done