Sunday, December 12, 2021

Inner beauty

As Tom bounded up Sylvie scanned the room looking for an exit.

‘Wow! You were magnificent.’

‘I’m not joining your team.’

‘I bet your husband hasn’t won an argument since he met you!’

‘Besides not having a husband, I don’t live my life as a debate.’

‘But you have it to an art form! It’s beautiful. You’re beautiful.’

‘According to Twitter I’m a dishevelled version of Susan Boyle.’

‘I’m talking inner beauty!’

‘So, I …’

‘I’m trying to give you compliments here.’

‘What do you want, Tom?’

‘D’you fancy dinner?’

‘…’

‘Wow, struck dumb! But do I want the riposte!’

 

A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

I like the wit in this one, Rob. I think you created a great context for the story, too. Now I wonder what Sylvie will actually say next...