Sunday, December 19, 2021

Second shot

‘Would you like a sample, Sir?’ Heidi waved the perfume bottle.

‘Wow, Helen Jacobs,’ the American boomed.

‘Heidi. How can …’

‘I always wondered … You were terrific in After the Storm.’

‘I don’t know …’

‘And here you are, working in an airport shop! So?’

‘Please, people are staring.’

‘So they should; you should have been a star.’

‘Clearly not.’

‘Look, I’m making a series for Netflix. You’d be perfect for the mother.’

‘I sell perfume.’

‘You’re an actor between jobs.’

‘I don’t ...’

‘And you’ve just landed a job.’

‘Is this a prank?’

‘This is a second shot.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

I love that hesitation she has, Rob - as though she doesn't want to believe it's possible to resurrect her career. And now I wonder what happened to it in the first place. Well done