Monday, June 4, 2012

May reviews

A fairly varied month of reading, in terms of the styles, places and how I rated the books.  My book of the month is Joe Lansdale's Edge of Dark Water, a porch-told, coming of age yarn set in East Texas in the 1930s.  Edge of your seat stuff.

Ghost Town by Michael Clifford ****.5
The Shark Infested Custard by Charles Willeford ***
Edge of Dark Water by Joe R Lansdale *****
Killed at the Whim of a Hat by Colin Cotterill **
Buried Strangers by Leighton Gage ***
Lumen by Ben Pastor ***.5
Snapshots by Paul Brazill ****
The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson ****.5
Dead Harvest by Chris F Holm ****

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks Rob. I have the Lansdale but I keep picking it up and putting it down again. You have convinced me to give it a proper go.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Edge of Dark Water tops the list of books I have read recently too. Almost as good as THE BOTTOMS.