Saturday, April 6, 2013

Plane Envy

Penny pointed to a tiny silver glint in the sky tailed by two long contrails.  ‘I bet that’s going somewhere nice.’

‘America probably,’ Tom replied.  ‘Or maybe Canada.’

‘My dad says he might have to move to Canada for work.  There or Australia.’

‘You’d be going as well?’

‘Why, would you miss me?’

‘No.  I mean, yes.  I ...’

Penny slipped her hand into his.  ‘We’re all staying.  It’s just him that would go.  He’d send back money.’

‘Sometimes I wish I could just get on a plane and fly away.’

‘When here is so wonderful?’

‘Because it’s so wonderful.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob - I've often watched planes go by and wondered where they were bound. I think you capture that quite well, and you even fold in another story. Well done