Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Digging for Gold

As of two hours ago, I have a full first draft of the next McEvoy book.  It's provisionally titled, 'Digging for Gold.'  The story charts the investigations into the deaths of two women in the same area, separated by fifty years.  I'm going to spend the next couple of days working through it, tweaking and tidying, then I'll try and find a couple of beta readers prepared to give a thorough critique.  Hopefully after that comes redrafting and polishing as required.  I'm happy with it so far, and feel its an improvement on the previous two books, but I'll have a better sense of its merits once I've read the whole thing through and had time to reflect.  Anyway, time to walk the dogs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - I wish you well with revising your draft and getting it finished, so that those of us eagerly awaiting Colm's next adventure won't have to wait too long!! ; ).

Dorte H said...

Yahoo! The world needs more McEvoy! And the basic plot idea with a new and an old crime sounds very promising. Good luck on your editing process.

Bernadette said...

*woot* as the kids would say