Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Warm but not red hot

A couple of weeks ago I got the results of Jason Duke's 'red hot writing contest', but forgot to pass on the news.  I submitted a Harry and Pete piece - Stakeout.  Got down to the last four, but didn't make top spot or runner-up.  More than happy with that - getting down to the final handful was a nice pat on the back.  The winner was "My Asshole Brother" by Eric Beetner; runner up: "A Long Fall Into Nothing" by John Mantooth.  The other finalist was "Seventy Two Hours or Less" by Michael Solender.  My personal favourite was John Mantooth's piece.  The stories will be published in issue #6 of Crimefactory in November.  Thanks for Jason Duke for running the competition and Paul Brazill for hosting it.

2 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

I really liked all of the last four. Quite different stoires too.

Paul D Brazill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.