Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Crime at Christmas?

Seasonal best wishes to all readers of the blog.  I hope that you're having a nice, relaxing couple of days. Yesterday I started Crime at Christmas by my namesake C.H.B. Kitchin, set in London in the early 1930s (published in 1934) which starts on Christmas eve with the household waking to find one its guests dead on Christmas morn.  Thankfully a fate that has not affected the Blue House.  That said, my presents include a pair of binoculars, a book on forensic science and a high powered torch, so perhaps I might have to turn detective later in the day.  Either that or it's a 'how not to get caught' kit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sound like great gifts, Rob. Happy Christmas to you and yours!

Bill Selnes said...

Merry Christmas Rob. Does your family think you need aids to find things?

pattinase (abbott) said...

Oh, for that high-powered torch (flashlight).