Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lazy Sunday Service




I picked up three new novels in the local bookshop yesterday - The Nameless Dead by Brian McGilloway; In Search of Klingsor by Jorge Volpi; and The City of Shadows by Michael Russell.  With a selection of others from the TBR pile I think that's me sorted now for the seasonal break.  I'm looking forward to tucking in to one of them once I've finished Standing in Another Man's Grave by Ian Rankin.

My posts this week
Reading shelf
Review of Wake Up Dead by Roger Smith
100 up
Northern Ireland census data visualization
Run out of steam
Why have you applied for this job?

2 comments:

Keen Reader said...

Nice jacket art on these ones. [Any thoughts on jacket art you'd care to post?]

Rob Kitchin said...

I might have a go at writing about jacket art at some point. I'll almost certainly do a post on favourite covers of the year. The Michael Russell cover is not done justice by the jpg - it's embossed with the title in shiny gold lettering. Very high production values.