Saturday, December 15, 2012

Why have you applied for this job?

‘It’s not that I hate my job.  I mean, I’m not going to lie, it’s a dead end, the people are ... well, they’re interesting, the commute is a nightmare, and the work is ... work.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy. Well, happy-ish.  It’s my boss; we don’t see eye-to-eye.  Given he’s two feet shorter than anyone else he doesn’t see eye-to-eye with anyone!  Sorry, bad joke.  He does think he’s Napoleon though.  What was the question again?  Oh, yes, why have I applied for this job?  Well, I ... I’m not going to get this job, am I?’



A drabble is a story of exactly one hundred words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - No, probably not. Seriously, though, I like this one - excellent depiction of why an awful lot of people go looking.

Anonymous said...

Margot -- you like them all!