Friday, September 2, 2011

In with the new ...

I recently went through the TBR and pulled out all the new to me authors.  There were 24 on the pile.  I've shuffled them all to the top and intend to work my way through them.  I've already reviewed Kevin Barry, Alan Glynn, Jake Needham and Michelle Williams.  The review of Nathan Jones' White Sky, Black Ice is on the way and I'm halfway through Elly Griffiths' The Crossing Places.  Expect reviews of the following in the coming weeks: Johan Theorin, Jim Kelly, Gerald Steinacher, China Mieville, Tom Picarelli, Deon Meyer, Robert Crais, Simon Lewis, Denise Mina, Quentin Bates, Tom Rob Smith, Michael Harvey, Quentin Jardin, Alan Gutherie, Sean Doolittle, Alex Dryden, Zygmut Miloszewski and Matt Joensuu.  Yeah, I know, how have I managed to miss some of these to date?  Soon to be rectified.  I might skip out to read a book by a favourite author, but the plan is to read the books by these authors between now and the end of the year.

5 comments:

Bernadette said...

nice list...have read some of those and count several among my favourite authors but others would be new to me too...where are we meant to find the time to read EVERYTHING?

nice change to blog layout too :)

Dorte H said...

I bet you will find some NEW favourites here :)

Enjoy.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I try to read just one book by an author lately but sometimes I don't keep this pledge.

Rob Kitchin said...

I guess my pledge, Patti, is to at least give them all a go. I don't read a book simply for the sake of it, however. If I can't get it, I'll put it to one side and perhaps try again at some other time.

kathy d. said...

You have some fantastic authors listed here.

We should all be in for some stellar reviews coming up.