Saturday, October 27, 2012

A blank page and a blinking cursor

‘A blank page and a blinking cursor.  You’ve been staring at that screen for over an hour.’

‘There’ve been words on there, but rubbish words.  Flat, lifeless, boring words.  Words you wouldn’t wish on your most creative enemy.’

‘What kind of words?’

‘I don’t know.  You’re asking someone with writer’s block to actually name words.  Bad, soulless, uninspiring words.  What I need are melodious words, strung together to form delightful prose.  I’ll settle for any that produce an engaging narrative.’

‘Why don’t you take a break; go for a walk?

‘Because that blinking cursor is mocking me.  Winking, smirking, bah!’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob - Oh, do I know that feeling!! Very well done :-)