Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A new splurge

Over the last few days I've taken steps to replenish the TBR pile, ordering the following:



Julia Keller - A Killing  in the Hills

Helgason Hallgrimur - The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning

Nick Quantrill - Broken Dreams

Paul Johnston - The Silver Stain

Joseph Kanon - The Good German

Edward Wilson - The Darkling Spy

Victor Gischler - Go Go Girls of the Apocalypse

Ben Pastor - Liar Moon

Roger Smith - Wake Up Dead

C.H.B. Kitchin  - Crime at Christmas

Christa Faust - Money Shot

Darragh McManus - Even Flow

Of course, there's still stuff on the existing TBR, including the books backing up on the Kindle.  And I still have to order my Liverpool reads.  I've also ordered about the same number of non-fiction books.  It's good to have choice, right?  The plan is to work my way through this lot between now and the New Year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a lucky man.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Do you finish every book you start? I only finish about 30%.

Rob Kitchin said...

I don't finish every book I start, but probably over 90%. I try to buy books that I think I will like. There is experimenting going on, and a very large chunk of the books I've read over the past three years are by new-to-me authors, but I do a bit of research before parting with cash. And I buy nearly all the books I read, rather than lend from a library.

Anonymous said...

Rob - That's a very nice lot you've got there. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of them. And I completely agree with you about doing research before purchasing a book. I'm almost always more likely to do some 'background checking' before buying a book than I am before borrowing one.