Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April reviews

April may have been a strange month, but I managed to get back to my reading ways. Although I only managed to post 9 reviews, I actually read 12 books. The remaining reviews will appear this week and next. Probably no bad thing as two of those three are also five star reviews and picking a book of a month in one that had four in would be tough. Choosing between The Grave in Gaza and Expiration Date is bad enough, but my nod goes ever so slightly to the former.

The Grave in Gaza by Matt Beynon Rees *****
Old Dogs by Donna Moore ****
Motor City Blue by Loren Estleman ***
Truth by Peter Temple ****
Paying For It by Tony Black ***
Criminal Summer by Luigi Guicciardi ***
A Firing Offense by George Pelecanos ****
Have Mercy on Us All by Fred Vargas ***
Expiration Date by Duane Swierczynski *****

No comments: