Monday, May 31, 2010

Some Like It Hot

I watched Some Like It Hot last night for the umpteenth time. The story never seems to date, and it doesn’t matter how many times I watch it, I giggle along. The plot is relatively simple, but perfectly pitched and paced. The script is snare drum tight, with just the right amount of witty banter, slapstick and pathos. And the actors are flawlessly cast and give stellar performances. The best comedy film of all time? Quite possibly. Oh, to be able to write a script this hot.

3 comments:

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

Fully agree with you Rob, it is quite possibly the best comedy film of all time.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Definitely a top ten movie for me. I would also put My Girl Friday and Bringing Up Baby in there too,
I strongly advise against reading Tony Curtis's account of making it though. He almost ruined it for me.

Paul D Brazill said...

Aye, no disputes here. The Polish title translates as 'Half Funny, Half Serious'. Mind you, Dirty Dancing' translated as 'Revolving Sex' ...