Monday, May 31, 2010

Eurovision hangover

I'm not sure I've missed a Eurovision broadcast in the last 25 odd years. It can be wonderful car-crash television with respect to songs, costumes, choreography, etc. I thought the songs in this year's final were about the strongest set I can remember and difficult to pick/guess a winner (especially with the political voting that goes on - have Greece and Cyprus ever not given each other twelve points?). I've instantly forgotten the winning song from Germany (other than the singer had some weird London/German accent and the song was catchy and quirky), but I've got the chorus of the Danish song endlessly repeating in my head! Kind of Abbaesque with a Police sounding bass line. A slow build but catchy chorus (starts about 45 secs in). Too catchy - it's now starting to get on my nerves and needs to be dislodged! Oh god, "wanna know, wanna know, wanna know, what you're looking for. Wanna know, wanna know, wanna know, if you could ask for more ..." Ahhhh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, funny!! Thanks for sharing : ).

Paul D Brazill said...

Top post. That German's accent was mental- as weird as Bjorks.The butterflies got me ...